Sunday, January 5, 2020

The Spring Fling Sew Along is coming!


In March 2020 I will be hosting a Sew-Along on Instagram called #SpringFlingSewAlong

During the sew-along, I will be making another version of my Spring Fling Quilt and will be posting my progress on Instagram! 




Why should you join me and make the Spring Fling quilt? It’s free and all you need to participate is a copy of the pattern and the ability to sew a quilt block using the Foundation Paper Piecing! 

If you have done a sew-along before you will know it’s a lot of fun and there are opportunities to bounce ideas off other quilters and learn new things. Plus if you are like me and have difficulty finishing quilts you have started, a sew-along gives you some accountability and a goal/deadline to finish by.  Also, this sew-along has been planned to coincide with both International Quilt Month and Spring in the Northern Hemisphere and I hope that we will be able to fill Instagram with lots of pretty flower quilt blocks for Spring! You can sew as many blocks as you like.




Plus there are PRIZES on offer! The grand prize is a mystery box of quilty goodness that I have been collecting including fabrics, tools and some of my patterns, valued at over $200 NZD. Is there a picture? Nope - the contents of the box will remain a mystery until the winner receives it!!! 

There are also some other great sponsors offering prizes: 

Each week a winner will be chosen from the photos posted during the week of completed quilt blocks. If you want to receive email updates you can sign up here (it’s not a requirement to win, however, all the winners will be announced via email). 

What do you need to do to win a prize? 

  1. Post a photo of a completed Spring Fling Quilt Block from the Spring Fling Quilt Pattern to your Instagram account between March 1st, 2020 and May 24th 2020 (it’s best to make your profile public to ensure it will be seen by me) 
  2. Use the hashtag #SpringFlingSewAlong
  3. Follow the prize sponsor on Instagram! 


To win the grand prize you will need to post a photo of your finished quilt (or quilt top) containing at least 6 quilt blocks from the pattern in any combination you like to Instagram before May 31st, 2020, tag #SpringFlingSewAlong and follow me on Instagram! 

Are you as excited as I am?

Happy Quilting!
RJ

No comments:

Post a Comment