Wednesday, March 27, 2019

Farm Animal Quilt Along - March Edition!

Here Piggy Piggy Piggy! During March our Farm Animal Block for the Quilt-Along was a pig, and what a lovely fellow he is! There were some neat looking pigs, but one of my favourites was definitely the one that Truus sewed with such a scrappy look and great contrasting background colours.  


Truus' pig got over 680 likes on Instagram, with comments that he looked like a number of famous pigs from books and films.


Julia from Julia McTeer Quilting had a more classic look for her pig with different shades of pink, mostly solids. Julia is a very talented Quilter who has made quite a number of my patterns previously and sells her quilts on Etsy.


Donna also went for a scrappy look, with a more subdued background and some fantastic pink prints.

Finally - here's mine! I choose to go with a yellow theme again to go with my yellow duck from last month. Halfway through I started questioning my choice, wondering if I had gone mad with Yellow Scraps, but as I progressed, I got more and more comfortable with it and in the end, I think he turned out pretty good.



Everyone enjoyed making their pigs this month and I'm looking forward to next months Chickens arriving soon!

The Pig Pattern is available now in the Etsy and Payhip Stores.

Happy Piecing Everyone!
RJ

No comments:

Post a Comment